What we do
ICE blue delivers Innovation, Collaboration and Engagement on plastics, flood, water quality and wider environment and business challenges. Ā We work with clients to help them think differently, to improve their ideas or generate new ones, and then to deliver compelling proposals, funding bids and successful projects. Ā We are the perfect partner to bring together business challenges with research opportunities, and to develop funding bids which support long term collaborations. For every Ā£1 our clients have spent with us on bid writing, we have won them over Ā£70 in funding. This has led us to work with a range of universities, big businesses and the public sector on some of the worldās most critical problems, providing our customers with innovative and collaborative solutions that have the ICE blue edge. Ā Our recent projects include a Science and Innovation Audit on Sustainable Airports, focussed around Heathrow, a Global Challenges Research Fund collaboration and funding bid on Plastics in Society, and establishing the UK Centre for Flood Risk and Resilience.Ā Ā Ā Background Info: Worldās most critical problems – http://uk.businessinsider.com/world-economic-forum-world-biggest-problems-concerning-millennials-2016-8/#10-lack-of-economic-opportunity-and-unemployment-121-1
We use creative thinking and problem solving techniques to help clients innovate and stand out from the crowd. We work with senior leadership teams from organisations ā bringing the Board and operational leadership together to focus on vision, strategic goals and programme delivery – to mixed, cross-sector groups of people drawn together for our clients.
We offer the following services:
- Problem solving and scanning for opportunities
- Planning and delivery of internal innovation activities to translate ideas or research into solutionsĀ especially āpilotingā with aĀ ābuild, measure learnā mindset
- Developing Creative Leadership skills and the ability to support others creativity, even when it feels uncomfortable
- Business case and bid development, having successful experience with Innovate UK, Horizon 2020, UK Research Councils, public and private sector procurement
Collaboration is now one of the most critical factors in driving innovation and most of our work involves collaboration between two or more partners. Ā We promote and support increased collaboration by understanding the clientsā objectives and requirements, identifying new collaborators, building new partnerships and developing shared plans.
Collaboration portfolio includes
- Identifying partners for clients, based on profile, networks and business strategies
- Connecting with, and facilitating, introductions between new partners, and initial ānon-disclosureā agreements
- planning and facilitation of partner workshops and events, and
- developing and running collaboration activities, including online environments for collaboration and innovation and managing collaborative programmes and projects.
Many of our projects are āoutward focusedā, with businesses and citizens as stakeholders. Working with our diverse range of clients to carry out stakeholder analysis then develop stakeholder engagement strategies and plans. In addition to this Ice Blue organize workshops, seminars, kick-off events as well as field-trips worldwide.
Engagement portfolio includes:
- Organisation of events, including venue and catering
- On-site Event Management and Workshop facilitation
- Pre and post-event Communication and Reports
- Social Media exploitation and monitoring
- Delivering legacy and impact from your work through engagement and education
Our offers are flexible and customer orientated.
We can adapt our services to each circumstance, topic and location.
Who we are
ICEĀ BlueĀ is a strategic business partnership between Environmental Sustainability Associates Ltd and ALP Synergy Ltd. We have more than 30 years experience of bringing together science, innovation, facilitation and business development skills to deliver the best business outcomes for our customers.
AntĀ works with our clients to help them think differently from their competitors and improve their ideas or generate new ones. He builds compelling funding bids and creates innovative implementation plans.
Geoff delivers sustainability leadership support, advice and guidance to clients across the private, public, academic and third sectors.
Lesley leads on our programme and project management and has recently been leading projects on environmental monitoring and environmental reporting.
ICE Blue is resourceful and innovative. We build our teams around our clients needs and have extensive international networks of talented and capable individuals and organisations.